Are you someone who loves watching movies? Does watching movies and immersing yourself into the plotlines and characters help you relax and even de-stress? Does your current, chaotic work schedule ensure that you hardly have time to catch a movie in the theater? If you answered yes to these questions, and find watching movies on laptop screens just a little annoying; then the best option for you is a home theater of your own. Here are a few tips that our experts recommend, that will transform even an ordinary living room/entertainment room, into a theater of your own…!
• The right screen – having just the right screen can make a world of difference to your movie experience. This is why most people prefer not to watch movies in their laptops. Buy yourself a TV worth talking about, with adequate size and resolution. If by chance this doesn’t work for you, you can also opt for getting your own projector for a larger screen.
• The correct amount of light – regardless to whether or not you’re planning on opting for a projector, it’s still important that your home theater has the correct light control. A room that can be naturally darkened is ideal; but if this is not an option for you, darken your room simply by installing a DIY roman blinds. Along with the dark, remember also to pay attention to the necessary lights.
• The correct amount of sound – if you’re going to be disturbed by the outside sounds while you watch your movie; it’s inevitable that you won’t enjoy your movie much. So, it’s important that you make your entertainment room sound proof. The additional benefit here is that, if you choose to soundproof, those outside will not be disturbed by your movie watching either.
• The right ways to distribute sound – along with soundproofing, it also makes sense to install the correct kind of sound system for your entertainment room to make sure you have the best movie experience. If the kind of system you’re looking for isn’t available locally, along with you purchased stylish blinds, you can also get your sound system online.
• The seating arrangements – since you’re going to be seated for a few hours at-a-stretch; it’s obvious that you need to go for comfortable seating. While getting Movie Theater like couches and chairs can make the “presentation” of your home theater more luxurious and fun, remember that you can also opt for simple and comfy sofas.
• The ultimate movie feel – if you want to go that “extra mile” for your home theater, and don’t mind splurging a little, you can opt for getting it a popcorn machine. If installed into the “home theater”, the smell of the popping corn can make you feel like you’re in a theater; giving you the ultimate theater feel…!